Known for its accuracy, consistency, and portability, Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook, 3rd Edition teaches the unique range of skills needed to assess children of all ages. Spiral-bound for quick reference in clinical settings, this photo-rich, step-by-step guide to physical examination for advanced practice providers prepares you to expertly examine children from birth through adolescence. Body system chapters begin with fetal development and take you through the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, Duderstadt uses the quiet-to-active approach favored by pediatric experts and considered more effective for this age-group than the traditional head-to-toe approach used for adults. This edition features a new chapter on newborn physical examination, expanded coverage of skin conditions and new Red Flag highlights that help you recognize high-priority health issues.
- Expert guidance for the pediatric exam employs the quiet-to-active approach to the examination and assessment of infants ― including preterm infants ― and young children. This pediatric assessment approach, which starts with listening and moves on to touching, yields the best results in this age group.
- Richly illustrated in full color to help facilitate learning, with more than 300 photos and drawings that familiarize you with assessment techniques and common assessment findings.
- Easy-to-use two-column format provides quick access to concise guidance for the pediatric physical exam.
- Quick-reference special features, including:
- Information Gathering tables highlight questions and data needed from the patient/guardian, with questions conveniently separated by age group, to guide history-taking.
- Concise Conditions tables summarize common abnormal findings for each examination area.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight effective physical examination findings and techniques gleaned from years of expert practice.
- Family, Cultural, and Racial Considerations sections address the increasingly important areas of family and cultural assessment to prepare you for differences to anticipate when assessing children of various cultural or racial groups.
- Evidence-Based Practice Tips highlight useful research findings that guide clinical practice.
- Bulleted Summary of Examination lists at the end of each examination chapter highlight key assessment points associated with each body system and serve as a convenient learning aid and quick reference.
- End-of-chapter Charting examples demonstrate how to record physical examination findings in the health record and familiarize you with documentation language and format.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.