Pediatric Infectious Diseases Essentials for Practice, 2nd Edition
Pediatric Infectious Diseases: Essentials for Practice, Second Edition is filled with practical, clinically relevant guidance for successful infectious disease management. The care of the patient forms the core of this indispensable resource, which also provides perspectives on epidemiology, pathophysiology, and diagnosis that every pediatrician, pediatric hospitalist, and pediatric nurse practitioner needs to know. The book’s high-yield coverage includes detailed, yet precise overviews of specific infections and their etiology, along with proven diagnostic and management strategies that readers can incorporate into their practice right away.
• Tips that tell you what you must know–and do–at every stage of care
• Diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Signs/Symptoms and Differential Diagnosis boxes
• “When to Refer” boxes, which examine all the relevant clinical considerations
• Diagnostic Tests–with a realistic emphasis on the right tests to order
• Medical Treatment coverage that includes drugs, dosages, and administration in an easy-to-read tabular format
• Convenient icons and a templated chapter design
• Numerous clinical color photos and didactic diagrams
• NEW! Clinical Pearls boxes accompany coverage of each infectious disease
• Updated treatment guidelines and protocols from the CDC
If you are in need of an up-to-date, clinically relevant guide to treating infectious diseases in pediatric patients, your search ends here.