The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty 4th Edition
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, Fourth Edition is divided into two sections: Part 1 Planning Your Medical Career, delves into the main issues surrounding the choice of your medical specialty. These 12 chapters provide everything you need to begin making this major decision – from how to research each specialty to how to apply for residency. Part 2 Specialty Profiles, features chapters devoted to the 21 major specialties, and provides important information such as salary, employment data, and match statistics.
• An “insider’s look” into different areas of medicine―with specialty chapters written by physicians just out of residency training
• Profiles of the major medical specialties, including those to which medical students may receive little exposure, such as radiation oncology
• A concise up-to-date guide to the residency application and matching process
• A special chapter with explicit advice to help medical students maximize their success in obtaining a residency position in each field
• Special inserts―“Vital Signs” and “The Inside Scoop”―provide easy-to-read factoids like salary information and match statistics.