The Language of Medicine 12th Edition
Easily and effectively master medical terminology with Davi-Ellen Chabner’s The Language of Medicine, 12th Edition! Using Chabner’s proven method of learning medical terms by studying them in the context of the human body, this highly-praised and best-selling text helps individuals of all educational backgrounds easily understand and remember important medical terminology by incorporating easy-to-follow explanations, logical and interesting examples, and countless reinforcement exercises. This new twelfth edition also features additional spotlight boxes on high-interest medical topics; updated medical scenario reports, laboratory tests, and clinical procedures; a new mini dictionary; additional in person stories, ADA-compliant resources, and more. No matter where your career path takes you, Chabner’s proven method for med term mastery will help keep you grounded.
- Simple and easy-to-understand explanations of terms enables learners with little or no previous medical or science background to easily grasp medical terms and concepts.
- Wide variety of interactive exercises provides multiple opportunities to reinforce and remember content.
- Practical applications in each chapter (including case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, laboratory and x-ray reports) help leaners apply knowledge to situations you will encounter in the clinical environment.
- Anatomy, physiology, and pathology coverage is presented in detail with clear illustrations and brilliant images to orient learners to the structure and function of the body system. This format offers the best context for learning the medical terms by showing readers how it is used in practice.
- Actual clinical procedures and lab tests are provided within the body system or medical specialty chapters to further demonstrate medical terminology in action.
- Abbreviations are covered in every chapter to help learners master the medical shorthand used in clinical practice.
- Pronunciations of terms appear at the ends of chapters along with phonetic spellings.
- Comprehensive glossaries (word parts to English and English to word parts) and appendices (plurals, abbreviations, drug resource, and hematologic lab reference) appear at the end of the text and serve as quick references for use in class and on the job.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Joint Commission alerts reader to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Interactive learner resources on companion website provide users with endless practice building, spelling, listening to, and understanding medical terms, while providing instant feedback.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.