The gold standard thoracic surgery reference for 45 years, Shields’ General Thoracic Surgery remains your #1 resource for comprehensive coverage of both open and endoscopic surgical techniques, with commentary from more than 150 global experts in the field. This two-volume masterwork covers all facets of thoracic disease, enhanced with dynamic audio and visual content, colorful graphics, and an authoritative analysis of the world’s literature and electronic data – making this 8th Edition the most extensive and concise collection of practical, complete information available for today’s busy clinician.Key Features
- Addresses new topics such as deciphering complex statistical analyses, efficient use of the new World Health Organization’s International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), mining big data sets for specific decision making, and developing and performing effective quality improvement projects for the surgeon’s practice and hospital setting.
- Includes a retrospective into the past with particular emphasis on artificial ventilation and the era of minimal invasion – both revolutionary milestones in the 100-year history of thoracic surgery.
- Covers all aspects of thoracic disease, including anatomy and embryology, diagnostics, and radiology, as well as extensive sections on lung cancer and other pulmonary tumors.
- Includes multidisciplinary contributions on medical treatment, radiation oncology, and surgery and anesthesia.
- Continues Dr. Thomas W. Shields’ outstanding tradition of comprehensive coverage, while also transforming the text into a more concise and streamlined reference
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.