As more is known about postpartum depression, the more it is recognized as a global phenomenon. Yet despite the large numbers, information about this condition as experienced by Spanish speaking women and Latinas has not always been easy to come by.
Perinatal Depression among Spanish-Speaking and Latin American Women focuses on four diverse Latina populations (Mexico, Chile, Spain, and U.S.) to analyze key similarities and differences within this large and wide-ranging group. This first-of-its-kind reference reviews current research on the topic, including prevalence, screening methods, interventions, and–of particular salience for this population–barriers to care.
Findings on psychoeducation, assessment tools, and cognitive-behavioral and other forms of therapy provide important insights into best practices, and continuity of care. And psychosocial, cultural, and linguistic considerations in working with Latinas are described in depth for added clinical usefulness. This landmark volume:
- Outlines characteristics of Spanish-speaking women and Latinas screened for postpartum depression
- Introduces the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, English and Spanish versions, and reviews their use with Latina women
- Compares postpartum depression and health behaviors in Spanish and Latina immigrant mothers
- Offers streamlined assessment-to-intervention models
- Provides two in-depth case studies illustrating cultural factors influencing the treatment of Latinas with perinatal depression.
- Presents an instructive firsthand account of postpartum depression.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.