This practical, user-friendly reference book of common mechanical engineering concepts is geared toward makers who don’t have (or want) an engineering degree but need to know the essentials of basic mechanical elements to successfully accomplish their personal projects. The book provides practical mechanical engineering information (supplemented with the applicable math, science, physics, and engineering theory) without being boring like a typical textbook. Most chapters contain at least one hands-on, fully illustrated, step-by-step project to demonstrate the topic being discussed and requires only common, inexpensive, easily sourced materials and tools. Some projects also provide alternative materials and tools and processes to align with the reader’s individual preferences, skills, tools, and materials-at-hand. Linked together via the authors’ overarching project — building a kid-sized tank — the chapters describe the thinking behind each mechanism and then expands the discussions to similar mechanical concepts in other applications. Written with humor, a bit of irreverence, and entertaining personal insights and first-hand experiences, the book presents complex concepts in an uncomplicated way.
- Provides mechanical engineering information that includes math, science, physics and engineering theory without being a textbook
- Contains hands-on projects in each chapter that require common, inexpensive, easily sourced materials and tools
- All hands-on projects are fully illustrated with step-by-step instructions
- Some hands-on projects provide alternative materials and tools/processes to align with the reader’s individual preferences, skills, tools and materials-at-hand
- Includes real-world insights from the authors like tips and tricks (“Staying on Track”) and fail moments (“Lost Track!”)
- Many chapters contain a section (“Tracking Further”) that dives deeper into the chapter subject, for those readers that are interested in more details of the topic
- Builds on two related Make: projects to link and illustrate all the chapter topics and bring individual concepts together into one system
- Furnishes an accompanying website that offers further information, illustrations, projects, discussion boards, videos, animations, patterns, drawings, etc.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.