Ideal for all health care professionals who evaluate, diagnose, treat, or refer patients with endocrine disease or disorders, Manual of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Fifth Edition , brings together nearly 150 global authorities who share their knowledge and expertise on endocrine disorders in children, adolescents, and adults. Using a concise outline format, this thoroughly updated manual presents clinical information and protocols needed in everyday practice, with an emphasis on diagnosis and treatment. Succinct chapters and an abundance of tables and diagrams make complex information easy to find and understand.
- Includes coverage of fundamental understandings and treatment modalities as well as recent therapies, new methods of treatment, new understandings of endocrine physiology, and new surgical approaches to disease states
- Covers evaluation, pathophysiology, management, and treatment at every age of life, along with short- and long-term goals of reversibility and prevention
- New chapters include transgender medicine, flushing and sweating, nasal administration of hormones, the growth plate, as well as traumatic brain injury and hypopituitarism
- New topics include galactorrhea; preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative management following pituitary surgery; growth hormone in adults, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypercalcemic crisis, parathyroid hormone-related protein, congenital hyperinsulinism, and hypokalemic periodic and non-periodic paralysis
- New and expanded coverage of diabetes mellitus includes hypoglycemia-associated autonomic failure, glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycemia, C-peptide, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes, the artificial pancreas, glycated proteins, inhaled insulin, and the application of stem cells in diabetes mellitus
- Serves as an excellent resource for board preparation, as well as a concise daily reference for endocrinologists, general practitioners, internists, pediatricians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and others who see patients with primary or underlying endocrine disease
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.