Eighth, North American Edition
Help your students develop the blended competencies (cognitive, technical, interpersonal, and ethical/legal) they will need to effectively care for patients in both institutional and community-based practice settings with this updated Eighth Edition of the best-selling Fundamentals of Nursing. Packed with clinical examples, proven pedagogy, striking illustrations, and online learning tools (including video clips, animations, and interactive learning activities), this best-selling text takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals that nursing students need to know to respond to today’s healthcare challenges competently, enthusiastically, and accountably.
Reflecting today’s rapidly evolving healthcare delivery system, the Eighth Edition offers new content, new pedagogy, a revised art and photo program, and a wide range of online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your students succeed.
- A robust test generator with more than 1,250 questions helps you put together tests that assess your students’ understanding of the material. Test questions link to learning objectives.
- PowerPoint presentations make it easy for you to integrate the textbook with your students’ classroom experience, via either handouts or slide shows.
- Pre-Lecture Quizzes (and answers) are quick, knowledge-based assessments that allow you to check students’ reading.
- Guided Lecture Notes walk you through the chapters, objective by objective, and provide corresponding PowerPoint numbers.
- A Sample Syllabus provides guidance for structuring your nursing fundamentals course.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Discussion Topics (and suggested answers) can be used as a conversation starter or in online discussion boards.
- Strategies for Effective Teaching provide tips for teaching the course.
- Assignments (and suggested answers) include group, written, clinical, and Web assignments.
- Case studies (with related questions and suggested answers) give your students an opportunity to apply their knowledge to a client case similar to what they will encounter in practice.
- Journal Articles, updated for this edition, offer access to research available in WK journals
- A Master Checklist for Student Competency helps you track your students’ progress toward skill competency.
- NCLEX-Style Review Questions for every chapter (over 900 in all) help students review important concepts and practice for the NCLEX.
- Watch & Learn Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and bring concepts to life.
- Practice & Learn Activities present case scenarios with interactive exercises and questions to help students apply what they have learned.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring concepts to life and enhance student comprehension.
- A Spanish-English Audio Glossary provides terms and phrases for communicating with patients in Spanish.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in WK journals.
- Dosage Calculation Quizzes allow students to practice math skills and calculating drug dosages.
To further enhance your course, you may want to consider purchasing other products within the integrated suite of products designed specifically for the 8th Edition. Created with the students’ experience in mind, and coordinated to provide a cohesive learning experience, each product in the suite can be purchased separately or packaged with the main text. The suite includes: Study Guide, Skill Checklists, Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills, Taylor’s Handbook of Nursing Skills, Taylor’s Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills, PrepU, and, new to this edition, Lippincott CoursePoint, a digital curriculum solution for nursing education that integrates adaptive learning powered by PrepU with access to personalized, perfectly timed remediation built on trusted content.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.