Effective Python: 90 Specific Ways to Write Better Python 2nd Edition
It’s easy to start developing programs with Python, which is why the language is so popular. However, Python’s unique strengths, charms, and expressiveness can be hard to grasp, and there are hidden pitfalls that can easily trip you up.
This second edition of Effective Python will help you master a truly “Pythonic” approach to programming, harnessing Python’s full power to write exceptionally robust and well-performing code. Using the concise, scenario-driven style pioneered in Scott Meyers’ best-selling Effective C++, Brett Slatkin brings together 90 Python best practices, tips, and shortcuts, and explains them with realistic code examples so that you can embrace Python with confidence.
Drawing on years of experience building Python infrastructure at Google, Slatkin uncovers little-known quirks and idioms that powerfully impact code behavior and performance. You’ll understand the best way to accomplish key tasks so you can write code that’s easier to understand, maintain, and improve. In addition to even more advice, this new edition substantially revises all items from the first edition to reflect how best practices have evolved.
Key features include
- 30 new actionable guidelines for all major areas of Python
- Detailed explanations and examples of statements, expressions, and built-in types
- Best practices for writing functions that clarify intention, promote reuse, and avoid bugs
- Better techniques and idioms for using comprehensions and generator functions
- Coverage of how to accurately express behaviors with classes and interfaces
- Guidance on how to avoid pitfalls with metaclasses and dynamic attributes
- More efficient and clear approaches to concurrency and parallelism
- Solutions for optimizing and hardening to maximize performance and quality
- Techniques and built-in modules that aid in debugging and testing
- Tools and best practices for collaborative development
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.