Understanding the science of pharmacokinetics is a challenge for many pharmacy students and practitioners. Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics, now in its 7th edition, has helped thousands by simplifying this essential, but complex, subject to reflect current practice.
The 7th edition has been revised by Robin Southwood, PharmD, BC-ADM, CDE; Virginia H. Fleming, PharmD, BCPS; and Gary Huckaby, PharmD; all experts in clinical pharmacy education. Together, they have updated and expanded the text to include the latest information and insights on concepts through extensive use of correlates, figures, and review questions.
Inside you will find:
– 15 easy-to-follow lessons, perfect for a semester
– Practice quizzes to help chart progress
– Enhanced discussion of hemodialysis
– A phenytoin cheat sheet to help you through the calculations maze
– New vancomycin cases based on higher desired vancomycin levels and trough-only dose estimations
– Expanded information on modified diet in renal disease formula versus Cockcroft Gault formula methods
– Factors to consider when choosing a dosing body weight for various equations
– Updated clinical correlates, discuss