Clinical Chemistry considers what happens to the body’s chemistry when affected by disease. It provides introductory coverage of the scientific basis for biochemistry tests routinely used in medicine – including tests for the assessment of organ function, diagnosis and monitoring disease activity and therapy efficacy. Each topic area begins with a concise description of the underlying physiological and biochemical principles and then applies them to patient investigation and management. The regular use of case histories helps further emphasise clinical relevance and chapter key points, as well as provide a useful starting point for examination revision.
The clear and engaging writing style appreciated by generations of readers has been retained in this ninth edition, while the content has been thoroughly updated throughout. The approach and scope of this trusted text makes it ideal for integrated medical curricula, for medical training and for students and practitioners of clinical and biomedical science. The complementary eBook version, including additional cases and self-assessment material, completes this superb learning package.
- Updated to incorporate the latest changes in practice – including new tests and the most recent evidence-based guidance – plus a new chapter on clinical chemistry in pediatrics.
- Figures, tables, boxes, and case studies aid understanding and learning.
- ‘Light bulb’ sections give practical advice and clarify difficult concepts or potential pitfalls.
- New ‘Red flag’ boxes highlight the results which should cause immediate concern to clinicians.
- Updated references to core guidelines reflect latest best practice.
- BONUS materials on Student Consult include interactive clinical cases and MCQs – to reinforce interpretive skills, check understanding and aid exam preparation.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.