Rapid urbanization has created an unprecedented pressure on the use of land in cities around the world, resulting in physical and legal complexities. This book explains the theoretical basis and practicality of connecting urban land administration practices with the 3D digital data environment of Building Information Modelling (BIM). The main focus is to adopt a BIM-based paradigm for enhancing communication and management of complex ownership rights in multi-story buildings, which are prevalent in urban built environments. This book first elaborates on a range of data elements required for managing legal information in current land administration practices pertaining to subdivision of legal interests within multi-story building developments. It then explains how an open data model in the BIM domain – Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) – can be extended with legal data elements to lay the foundation for adopting BIM in urban land administration. The book also highlights benefits and barriers of implementing BIM-enabled urban land administration.
- Explains the theoretical basis and practicality of connecting urban land administration practices with the 3D digital data environment of BIM.
- Highlights the existing challenges associated with current practice of urban land administration for multi-story buildings.
- Introduces the potential of 3D digital environment of BIM for the purpose of mapping and registering legal interests.
- Describes how BIM-based data models can be extended for recording, managing, and representing legal ownership of properties over a building’s lifecycle.
- Includes models of multi-story buildings as case studies to demonstrate the feasibility of extended BIM-based data models.
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.