Aircraft Basic Science, Eighth Edition, is a valuable resource for students of aviation technology that provides updated information needed to prepare for an FAA airframe and powerplant maintenance certification. This expanded edition includes recent advances in technology, such as the use of composite aircraft materials, with revised examples and figures to more accurately reflect the state of the industry.
For easy reference, chapters are illustrated and present specific aspects of aircraft materials, fabrication processes, maintenance tools, and federal aviation regulations.
This updated edition includes:
- The use, inspection, and fabrication of composite structures, including honeycomb, fiberglass, and carbon fiber materials
- 4-page full-color insert
- Hypersonic flight aerodynamics as they apply to high-speed aircraft and space reentry vehicles
- Tilt rotor aircraft aerodynamics and design
- New alloys and processes used in aircraft such as powered aluminum and friction stir welding
- Relevant ICAO/EASA (European and international) rules and regulations including maintenance and repair organizations (MROs), the NASA safety reporting system, ATAsystems, the electronic document retrieval system, and recordkeeping systems
- Ground handling and safety for large, airline-style aircraft
- New alternative fuels under development including bio and other synthetic fuels
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification requirements needed to perform and approve aircraft maintenance
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.