Written for the upper-level undergrad or graduate level majors course, Advanced Human Nutrition, Fourth Edition provides an in-depth overview of the human body and details why nutrients are important from a biochemical, physiological, and molecular perspective. Through it’s writing style and clear figures and illustrations, the text clearly outlines metabolism and the molecular functions of nutrients. A variety of pedagogical elements within the text, such as “Here’s Where You Have Been” and “Here’s Where You Are Going,” help clarify key points from the chapter and provide real-world examples to bring the content to life.
New & Key to the Fourth Edition
– NEW – Each chapter now concludes with “Clinical Insight” which presents the clinical relevance of the nutritional science topics covered within the chapter
– NEW – Chapter 2 now discusses bariatric surgery procedures used to treat obesity, as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal track that have nutritional relevance in health and disease
– NEW – Includes the latest algorithms used by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology in determining the risk of a cardiac event
– NEW – Incorporates controversy brought about by some scientists on protein requirements as it relates to the RDA
– NEW – Includes coverage of the role of the fat-soluable vitamins in Alzheimer’s disease
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (edownloads.me) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to students, researchers and other readers who don't have access to these books at their local libraries, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on edownloads.me are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. edownloads.me doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. edownloads.me server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.