This book provides an overview of training and teaching methods, as well as education strategies, for Additive Manufacturing (AM) and its application in different business sectors. It presents real-world applications and case studies to demonstrate the key practical and theoretical fundamentals of AM training, written by international experts from the field.
Additive Manufacturing is a rapidly developing technology, and having a well-trained workforce is essential. Accordingly, readers are introduced to new training approaches and recent breakthroughs that can facilitate and accelerate the design, application and implementation of AM.
The book’s contributors discuss many topics to provide readers a fundamental grasp of AM, including:
· collaboration among educational bodies, and between industry and governments;
· strategies for implementing AM training;
· new teaching methods;
· training programs that provide alternative employment choices;
· the need for certification by professional bodies; and
· promoting awareness of AM in society.
This book offers an excellent source of information for researchers and industrial engineers who are interested in expanding their AM expertise, and learning how to implement it. It will also be of interest to readers who want to learn about the practicalities of adopting training and teaching for AM.